Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Life with boys

My oldest boy will be 18 in 3 weeks!!

When I was pregnant with M, I was hoping for a girl. My husband has always wanted a girl. When they told us it was a boy, of course I was a little sad, but realized, my baby is healthy, and that's all I can ask for (considering my health issues).

Even before he was born, I knew he would be special and I loved him before he was born.

Now my life is filled with boys, smelly feet, cars, burps & farts & most important of all laughter and happiness.

I am so completely content with my boys. It makes my heart completely swell, to have my 18 year come to my room out of the blue, hug his 4 year old brother, and tell him he loves him.

This little boy has brought so much joy to our lives. First never did I imagine 13 years after my oldest was born, I would hear the pitter patter of little ones feet running down the hall. Or the gut splitting laughter coming from the room, where still an 18 year old and 4 year old can play together.

Life with a teenager is hard. Really hard. Can you remember the stuff you did at that age? Yeah, now your kid is doing it. But I think the fact that he has M has calmed his wayward ways. M completely adores him. He realizes what he does will affect his brother, and though he is very far from perfect (believe me!) the look of adoration from his brother, I believe has helped him from completely stepping over to the dark side.

So life at home with all boys is hard. But I never get tired of being queen of my roost.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I found you through MBC - Moms of Boys. I have a 13½ year old boy and a 20 month old boy. I can totally relate!! =)