Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Land of Legos

My baby, my little sweet lil boy will be turning 5 tomorrow??!! How the hell did that happen.

I notice subtle changes in him. First. His voice. That high pitched 'momeeee' voice.. we thought it was because he was sick, but that was 3 months ago, and is voice hasn't changed. It's kinda got this raspiness thing going..

He is soo smart! I am not saying he is a genius (though I let him believe he is) but I can tell he is growing by leaps and bounds. He is very inquisitive, to the point where it's kinda annoying. {don't snicker, I know, you know, what I'm talking about}

He's not an early learner, but once he starts a skill he masters it pretty fast. I know it is kinda late for him to be learning how to write his name. He just wasn't into it for a LONG time. So I never pushed. In a weeks time, he's perfected his name. He writes it everywhere. He wrote his name on all 24 valentines cards by himself (a deed he was very proud of - and he wrote them on cards AND on candy boxes, so really 48!) His teachers praised him, because out of his entire pre-k class, he was the only one that did it. They asked the Kindergartners to do it, and less than half did it. So I'm very proud of my munchkin, cause he did it all on his own.

I'm not a baker, but tonight I'm braviing making some cupcakes for M's class. I am also taking some pizza's for their lunch. Then on Friday we are going to Lego Land!! The weather should stay nice and crisp for our trip.. So excited for him. He's gonna have a blast!

See you on the flipside!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness....nooooooo

i can't believe our lucky charm babies are turing FIVE.

Bubs would LOVE the legoland...cause he loves him some legos for realz.

KelsyC said...

Oh, what a big boy!

Keeley Kirwan said...

Happy Almost Birthday Mateo!! Hope you have a blast at Legoland!!