Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Book Club!

Are you interested in reading, but never have time? I was thinking of doing an online book club. Really there is no commitment. I am reading the books anyway, just thought maybe some cyber friends would like to read as well, and join in on some fun discussion. I think it makes reading that much more fun, when you have someone to talk about it with. I will list the current book that I am reading. In 4 weeks, I will post comments about the book. If anyone is interested in reading books, feel free to join me and discuss your thoughts.

November's Choice:

One Hundres Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I've already started reading it, but I will post comments on the 15th.
On the 15th I will post the next book to read and we will have 4 weeks to finish. Some months I may have more than one selection, only because there is a book I want to read, that looks to be a quick read.


December's Choice:


Esperanza's Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan

If One Hundred years is too heavy, you can start with Esperanza. I think it's lighter.
There is a list on the side that has the most recent books I've read and links to readings guides. I'm part of a real life book club with several women. So the taste is ecletic, but fun!

1 comment:

Jovi said...

what a great idea! i'll try to play along :)