Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Countdown is on!


I love Thanksgiving. Not only because of the food, but because it brings our families together and no matter what has gone wrong, we can sit and reflect and be thankful for all the things that have gone right. That we are here together and able to enjoy each other's company one more year.


I remember the first Thanksgiving after my father passed away. He passed away on October 30, 1999. So Thanksgiving was less than a month after. It was hard that year to be thankful, but it also reminded me and reminds me every year, that we have made it one more year to celebrate with our families. That's what I'm most thankful for.


What will you be thankful for?

3 comments:

Kellan said...

Me too!! I'm Kellan, nice to meet you and Happy Thanksgiving. Take care.

Unknown said...

Read my blog today, I think that I am thankful for Al Anon, helping me to TRY to see things in a different LIGHT.

I am thankful that my kids are healthy too!

Jovi said...

i love that thanksgiving is the busiest travel time of the year. that means that this is the holiday people make the MOST effort to be with their families...and it's a totally non-gift/consumer oriented holiday. i'm thankful for that!!

(plus, you know the other stuff. friends and family. health. ;) )