Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Other White Meat

On the way to work this morning I was listening to Ryan Seacrest on KIIS FM. So you know as I am stuffing my mouth with a SAUSAGE McMuffin, they start talking about a clip on E News where they show dr's removing a FREAKING worm from this lady's brain. They thought it was a tumor. Turns out, nope, it was a worm.. Now they go on to explain how this worm got into her brain.. Well from a parasite from eating uncooked/undercooked PORK.. oh it gets better... If that person carrying the parasite is walking around and they use the restroom without washing their hands, guess what. Yeah, you can get it that way...

So I start thinking to myself, wow that is pretty disgusting..Then I start thinking, I have been getting lots of 'signs' lately.

Just yesterday I was eating my drive thru breakfast (yes, again, damn that diet never works!) with ham AND (yes, and) bacon, a truck pulls up next to me on the freeway carrying a truckload of pigs (probably on their way to become my bacon) but still. That was kinda gross...

Then today. Really is it a sign? Should I stop eating pork? I guess I could, but us Mexicans love pork. Chile Verde (which I was planning to cook in the crock pot this weekend!), Pozole, carnitas, tacos al pastor??!! WTH?? Why??! I am still pretty grossed out about the whole thing, and it seems the universe is trying to tell me something. Needless to say I had tortilla soup for lunch today (walked in the pouring rain to get it too :D)

No comments: