Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Young at Heart

Don't be alarmed by my musings.

Honestly, in a bit of a funk. But nothing major..

The lyrics are to "Fix You" by Coldplay. For some reason really thinking about my dad today.

Christ Martin wrote that song for Gwyneth when her dad passed and everytime I hear it I just cry.

It reminds of mistakes long gone. It reminds me that I have my family and they are the light that will get me through it.

Like this:

When you try your best,
but you don't succeed
When you get what you want,
but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

Geez, that just touches me. Sometimes I need someone to fix me.




Also, have you heard of the documentary Young at Heart? It's a documentary about a New England chorus group by retirees. They covered Fix You by Coldplay. The group's performance was led by former chorus member Fred Knittle, who suffered from congestive heart failure and breathed with assistance from an oxygen tank. The performance was originally planned to be a duet between Knittle and Bob Salvini, another former chorus member, but Salvini died shortly before the show. Knittle performed it as a solo, as a tribute to his friend. Gives it a whole new meaning.

I won't embed it, cause it might be disturbing to people. But if you want to see it, click here

1 comment:

KelsyC said...

Glad you cleared that up! I was a little worried! And isn't it f-ing awesome that you and Twitter via text?